Phone Number: n/a
Our Storytelling Festival theme this year is
“Stories told eye to eye, mind to mind, heart to heart” (Traveller proverb)
Tradition bearers bring wisdom from the ancestors to illuminate our future,
weaving new understandings from the web of old stories.
March 18-24 Festival Week features international, national, and local tellers
- Scottish Traveler Jess Smith brings stories and ballads from her culture
- Seannachaidh Seoras Macpherson shares stories passed down through generations from Skye
- Donald Smith from Edinburgh gathers global storytelling activists
- UK storyteller Peter Chand and music producer PKCtheFirst blast Indian storytelling into the 21st century with a unique blend of Urban Hip Hop and classical South Asian sound
- Louise Profeit-LeBlanc from the Nacho Nyak Dun First Nation in northeastern Yukon comes from a long line of storytellers
- Festival Elder Ron Evans and Jose Brown
- Itah Sadu hosts Storytalks at A Different Booklist Cultural Centre: The People’s Residence
- and more!